(Oops, forgot to reply all, so repost)

But the syntax you propose is redundant, since you can define a own() method
returning an iterator (for for...in) and a getOwn() method to do the same
thing. Or, if you think getOwn() is ugly, you can customize the own() method
to also return a "view" object:

// Defined in some library (possibly builtin)
class OwnPropertiesEnumerator {
    val obj;
    val iter;
    OwnPropertiesEnumerator(obj) {
        this.obj = obj;
        this.iter = obj.iterator::get();
    }
    function next() {
        return iter.next();
    }
    meta function get(name) {
        if (obj.hasOwnProperty(name))
            if (obj[name] is Function) {
                // make sure |this| in a method doesn't refer to an instance
of this class
                return function(...args) {
                    if (this is OwnPropertiesEnumerator)
                        return obj[name].apply(this.obj, args);
                    return obj[name].apply(this, args);
                }
            }
            return obj[name];
    }
    meta function set(name, value) {
        obj[name] = value;
    }
    meta function has(name) {
        return obj.hasOwnProperty(name);
    }
    meta function delete(name) {
        if (obj.hasOwnProperty(name))
            delete obj[name];
    }
}
Object.prototype.own = function() {
    return new OwnPropertiesEnumerator(this);
}
Object.prototype.propertyIsEnumerable("own", false);

// User code
print(foo.own().bar);
for (var prop in foo.own())
    print(prop + ": " + foo[prop]);

Or something like that. I'm not completely familiar with ES4 syntax and what
has changed in the past months (using the Oct 07 overview pdf as a
reference), so the above may not be strictly correct, but you should get the
intent :)

-Yuh-Ruey Chen