On Tue, 3 Jan 2017, Martin Maechler wrote:

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 6:30 PM, Samuel BARRETO
<samuel.barre...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Do you think it would be difficult to add some kind of completion backend
to complete the package names when typing `library(` ?

[deleted]

More seriously: We do something like that already in ESS for quite a
while now.... but I don't recall the details.

I suspect Martin knows this, but ...

        C-c C-e C-l

runs ess-load-library.

With `ido' enabled, it puts a list in the minibuffer where fuzzy matching will narrow it down to the package one wants. Hitting TAB will display all the package names that fuzzily match in a completion buffer.

Thanks for reminding me of the nifty feature!

Chuck