Title: MAPI decode / GLIB Error

All,

I have encountered an error when ethereal loads a trace of exchange client traffic.  When I load the attached trace I get a window with a message:

        Glib-ERROR **: could not allocate 1816617806 bytes aborting...

This is followed by a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error saying that the application has "requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way". Closing this box causes ethereal to quit.

This trace does not load in either ethereal or tethereal 0.9.11,  but can be read by WinDump. It also can be read by Ethereal 0.9.6, which recognises this as MAPI, but believes the 3rd frame is malformed.

<<splat2.trc>>
This trace was created using editcap from an original trace of several hundred  frames. All three frames are required to generate the error.

I wonder if this could be a similar problem to what Richard Witt reported earlier?

Alistair

Registered Office:
Marks & Spencer p.l.c
Michael House, Baker Street,
London, W1U 8EP
Registered No. 214436 in England and Wales.

Telephone (020) 7935 4422
Facsimile (020) 7487 2670

www.marksandspencer.com

The registered office of Marks and Spencer Financial Services PLC, Marks and Spencer Unit Trust Management Limited, Marks and Spencer Life Assurance Limited and Marks and Spencer Savings and Investments Limited is Kings Meadow, Chester, CH99 9FB. Marks and Spencer Financial Services is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.