From: Phant0m``
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 11:20 AM
Subject: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal bug

(I apologize for re-sending this E-mail, I left out the Error Message window
capture so I thought re-sending with the image included this time will be
more effiecent for you.)

Hey

  I’m an assistant of Look ‘n’ Stop Personal Firewall product, and recently
had a user come forth and report on the official forum an anomaly with
Ethereal 0.9.15c detecting accurate Interfaces when Look ‘n’ Stop GUI is
running.

He is running:
- Ethereal 0.9.15c (as mentioned aboved)
- Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
- Dial-up (56k)
- WinPcap v3.01a

Error Message received when attempting to capture:

More Details:
Look ‘n’ Stop Personal Firewall uses Emulated Drivers for Interfaces, when
Look ‘n’ Stop GUI isn’t running Ethereal 0.9.15c sees "PPP Adapter.: PPPMAC”
, when Look ‘n’ Stop GUI is running it shows "Unknown: PPPMAC".

I recommended the user to update Ethereal 0.9.15c to Ethereal 0.9.16, and if
the problem still persists then specify the correct name for “Capture
Interface:”.

Do you believe updating Ethereal 0.9.15c to Ethereal 0.9.16 will fix this
users anomaly? If not then how to proceed to fix this anomaly to use
Ethereal when Look ‘n’ Stop Personal Firewall is running?

Myself I had not reproduced the this users anomaly when running Look ‘n’
Stop Personal Firewall GUI and Ethereal 0.9.16 on Microsoft Windows XP PRO
using xDSL connection type.

Thanks in Advance!