Title: Creating a dissector

Hello All,

I wrote a dissector for a protocol to run atop TCP. I then made it as a plugin. I followed the procedures to insure my plugin was installed in all the Makefiles and configure.in file. I am able to see my plugin listed in the plugin pulled down. However, once I run ethereal I can't seem to find it once I capture data. I am executing data that the plugin should capture. After writing my dissector, should I treated it as a plugin or left it as a dissector whereas the only place it lives is in Mak files in the top level directory. I was treating it like the giop and it's plugins that run atop.

Chauni
Chaunita J. Parks
Lockheed Martin NE&SS Manassas, VA 20110
Mail Drop 105/019
Phone: (703) 367 4084  Fax:(703) 367 5067 Lab:(703)367 5384
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]