On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 11:07:04PM +0800, Say Kiat Tan wrote (in HTML,
which my mail reader doesn't handle, so I had to save the mail and
remove the HTML tags):
> I ftp'ed into ftp.ethereal.com using anonymous login.
>
> But I couldn't locate the executable.

(I assume by "the executable" you mean the Windows installer executable.)

> Mind letting me know the full path?

Well, the HTTP path is

        http://www.ethereal.com/distribution/win32/ethereal-setup-0.9.8.exe

and the FTP and HTTP directories are similar, so the FTP URL for it
would be

        ftp://ftp.ethereal.com/ethereal/win32/ethereal-setup-0.9.8.exe

so if you log into "ftp.ethereal.com", you'd get it from
"ethereal/win32/ethereal-setup-0.9.8.exe".

Note, though, that there apparently is a version of the "wget" tool for
Windows, which can fetch files by URL - HTTP or FTP - and should do a
better job of not mangling files than some browsers.  I'll have to see
if I can find that version of "wget" (or find the mail where somebody
indicated that it existed, as they may have said where it was), and
update that FAQ.