--- Gisle Vanem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "Charles Templeton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> on
> > my part it the diretory that ethereal is looking
> for
> > is: "C:\Program
> Files\Ethereal\plugins\0.9.16\<insert
> > all the files that I listed in the e-mail before
> this
> > one>" Sorry for that typeo. Any ideas?
>
> In that case, it may be a problem with the PATH or
> the DLL search
> order. Normally they should be searched in the path
> of loading app
> first. Unless
>
> HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
> Manager\SafeDllSearchMode
> is 1.
>
> I.e. current directory is searched after the system,
> Windows and PATH
> directories. Is "C:\Program
> Files\Ethereal\plugins\0.9.16" in your PATH
> and does it include the quotes (")?
>
> --gv

  I have added "C:\Program
Files\Ethereal\plugins\0.9.16" with the quotes and
without the quotes. Without the quotes I do not get
the error messages saying that it can not find the
files. But I do get an error message that states that
the previsly mentioned dll's "has no version symbol."
  Previsoly when I had the problem with the program
not finding the dll's. The program functioned fine.
When one tried to captue packets a second console
window with the errors and the message boxes stating
the the application could not load due to not being
able to find the libraries(but it would work fine)
This would only appear only if you selected the option
to update the list of packets in real time (the second
console window with the errors and the message boxes
would not apear if you did not update in real time.)
Now with my new problem of the the libraries having a
lack of a version symbol it is doing the same thing
stated above. The second console window with these
warnings is only apearing if I update in real time.
  I hope this does not confuse the situation.

- Charels Templeton