Hello,
Thanks a lot Mr. Harris. I use a simple  packet generator to send a controlled
number of TCP (IPv4) packets. But the number of packets I send is different
from the number of packets captured using Ethereal. I send 5000 packets in a
burst of 200 packets each time.
When I use the filter and go and see the packet count in "Data in Filtered
PAckets" section, it shows 3595..there seems to be a packet loss somewhere.
I start Ethereal first with the filter and then start injecting packets.
So, I ran Ethereal on the source machine from where I am sending the packets,
but here also, the packet count is 3595. Does anybody know why this is
happening.
Also, what is the difference between the packet count in the "Data" section and
the Packet Count in "Data in Filtered Packet Section"
Help truly appreciated.
thanks.
Suhail.