Can you try tethereal on the capture and see it tethereal also aborts.
If so, can you try tcpdump, snoop or windump on the capture to see what
protocol
the packet causing the abort consists of.
It should the packet after the last one printed by tethereal.
By knowing which protocol dissector generates the abort will allow us to
pinpoint better where in the code the
abort occurs.

If tethereal does no cause the abort, can you try
to cut frames off from the beginning and the end of the capture until it is
small enough
and if it does not contain sensitive data send it to the list or myself?

If the capture is sensitive and can not be distributed,
can you compile ehtereal from sources and change the code in reassembly.c
where the gassert abort
occurs to generate a core dump instead. Like adding (int *)0=5; to the line
just prior to the gassert
and then using gdb get a stack backtrace so we can see from where the
reassembly routing was called and see if there is any
missing sanity checks that need to be added.