a couple more issues with h225 trunk group decodesHi,

Thanks for the bugreport.

I have checked in fixes for all the issues you reported.

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Oliveras
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2003 9:25 AM
Subject: [Ethereal-users] a couple more issues with h225 trunk group decodes

I recently compiled ethereal from anonymous cvs found that  the problems
that I had reported involving H225 trunk group information have been fixed.
I noticed a few more issues listed below:
1. In the setup attached, the h225.GroupID_group should read "ITXC", but
instead has some extra characters at the end:
sourceCircuitID
   GroupID
      group: ITXC\020\250\00
2. The information under h225.TunnelledProtocol is not quite right, and the
packet is reported as a malformed frame. One of the values in here should be
the string "gtd".
****ethereal decode****
tunnelledSignallingMessage
                TunnelledProtocol
                    id
                        tunnelledProtocolObjectID: 2.23.116.100.1
                        TunnelledProtocolAlternateIdentifier
[Malformed Packet: H225]
****cisco debug****
tunnelledSignallingMessage
        {
          tunnelledProtocolID
          {
            id tunnelledProtocolAlternateID :
            {
              protocolType "gtd"
            }
          }
          messageContent
          {
            '49414D2C0D0A4743492C33343835383663323033...'H
          }
        }
3. h225.CallsAvailable_group should be a string. The following is taken from
an ARQ.  The CallsAvailable_group should read "ITXC"

CallsAvailable
   CallsAvailable_calls: 94
   CallsAvailable_group: 06495458
The decode below is also taken from the same ARQ decode as above.  This is
basically the same issue where the group has extra characters at the end,
however I noticed that the extra information is sent in syslog messages from
the same originating IP address as the ARQ. It seems that some of the info
from the string is coming from other packets. Again, the group should just
read "ITXC"
****ethereal decode****
                CircuitInfo
                    sourceCircuitID
                        GroupID
                            group: ITXC: h323chan accepted/connected
fd=3\r\n         }\r\n            data
01080408028390'H\r\n          }\r\n        }\r\n      }\r\n    }\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\nOct 22 19:46:09.217: H225.0 OUTGOING ENCODE BUFFER::= 25 800600r { 0 0
I would be happy to provide any more info that you may need - just let me
know.
Thanks,
Mike Oliveras.

<<arq.eth>> <<setup-malformed.eth>>