Hi,

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 02:04:00PM +0100, Erwin Burgstaller wrote:
> having a device which is EoE capable, how do you set the IP-Address?
>
> There may be a flag set in the device's eeprom data, which should tell
> the master, that it needs an IP-Address. But it seems not implemented on
> the master side.
>
> Should this work with the IgH EtherCAT Master? Or how should we set the
> slaves IP-Address?

please do this via higher-layer mechanisms, for example WWW, SSH or
whatever your slave supports.

The EoE protocol indeed has some communication primitives to set some
IP-layer attributes. My opinion is, that this is a major design lapse. A
network protocol should never include knowledge of a higher-layer
protocol. That's why I didn't implement this. ;-)

--
Best regards,
Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org