Hi

>When reading the EtherCAT Master documentation about FMMU, I meet this
>sentence: "In order to >make a sync manager react on a datagram accessing its
>memory, it is necessary to access the last byte >covered by the sync manager."

>I do not understand: which access to the last byte? Whose last byte? The last
>byte in the datagram? or EtherCAT frame?
The byte on the last address within the mailbox address range (see configured
mailbox size)

>How can sync manager identify its datagram by just the last byte?
By comparing the given address and the size of the transferred data.  A master
must either write the full size of the mailbox (even if the real payload is
much smaller) or it has to write 2 datagrams: One with the real payload,
addressed to the start of the mailbox, and an additional datagram that writes
just one byte at the end of the mailbox address range.

Regards,
Martin

Note:
This e-mail is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential
and/or privileged information. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from any system.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, distribution or other use of this
prohibited.
Thank You.