I have tried changing the definition to

I think the problem is with your domain1_regs. It should be like:

const static ec_pdo_entry_reg_t domain1_regs[] = {
  {0, 0, AKD_ID, 0x1600, 0, &akd_out },  //0x1600
  {0, 0, AKD_ID, 0x1A00, 0, &akd_in },  //0x1A00
  {}
};

with no success.

Without calling ecrt_domain_reg_pdo_entry_list I can use the ethercat config -v
command
and see the free mapped PDO's. The ethercat pdos -v command tool reports
nothing.

I have seen a few threads indicating that the SII interface is incomplete for
certain servo drives?

I am currently trying to use a Kollmorgen AKD. The TwinCAT software appears be
able to free map the PDO's.

I have been provided with the latest XML file and have tried using TwinCAT to
write new SII contents to the EEPROM.