Hello,

what you can expect from PC based hardware shows the OASDL testbed:

https://www.osadl.org/Continuous-latency-monitoring.qa-farm-monitoring.0.html

The results are havely depending on the target motherboards ...

IMHO, small jitters are only possible if the Ethernet controller ( e.g.
i210) drives at hardware level the bus cyccle.

Regards

--Armin