On 2014-05-29 08:33, etherlab-users-requ...@etherlab.org wrote:
Thank you so much, after reading your mail, I finally understand why some
slave goto SAFEOP+ERROR state under the circumstances. Yes I had exactly
the same problem.

I experience the same issue. Wiggling a marginal RJ45 will crash my application. In my case, the rescan traffic seemingly has priority over process data resulting in slave watchdog timeouts, which then cause further problems... This is not the best way to deal with intermittent failures at run time, for sure.

I plan to make the master rescan on demand only. Once in the equivalent of "RUN" mode, rescans generally do not offer much value, outside of support for fast hot connect. The application needs to observe the working counter fault, return to a safe state, and then rescan, if required.

        Best regards - Dave Page