Hallo Daniel,

that sounds like the ethercat library does not fit to the kernel module.

If you have installed the two ethercat installations to different locations e.g. /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib it is depending on your search path settings what gets found first.

So it might be helpful to clean up first and do a fresh ethercat install.

Regards Wilhelm