Try running "ethercat slaves -v" against one specific AKD slave (in a working
network) and see whether its ports are configured for auto-close or manual
close.  Compare it with other slaves, if possible.

Usually slaves should default to fully auto, so that they will loop packets
back when there's no other downstream slave.  But they can be configured to
manually keep a port closed even when they detect a new downstream slave (to
avoid disrupting the network until you're ready to configure it) or to keep it
open even if there's no slave (which is normally a bad thing, but maybe there's
some reason it might be useful?).  Perhaps this latter is the case for your
drives?

Gavin Lambert
Senior Software Developer

COMPAC SORTING EQUIPMENT LTD | 4 Henderson Pl | Onehunga | Auckland 1061 | New
Zealand
Switchboard: +49 2630 96520 | https://www.tomra.com

The information contained in this communication and any attachment is
confidential and may be legally privileged. It should only be read by the
person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify the sender and delete the communication.