Luke Rindfuss sent the following posting to me.
He is looking for help with an OpenSource project they are doing.

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Luke Rindfuss wrote:

> David,
>
> Hello, my name is Luke Rindfuss, and I want to announce the
> launch of a new open source project.
>
> In January 1999, the Bluebird project began as a niche application
> in the network management space. Unfortunately, without a good
> platform to run on, we came to the realization that we have to build
> the bulk of network management functionality into Bluebird just to be
> able to run stand-alone.
>
> So we began building the next generation network management
> system. Our software employs state of the art web technologies
> such as JAVA, XML, XSL, ODBC, and distributed computing.
> We are also building the first multi threaded SNMP libraries
>
> We are donating our design docs and source code to
> OpenNMS.org.  We want to give control over technological
> innovation back to the community. The project is not complete
> and we need help!
>
> Similarly to the Linux world, our industry is dominated by
> multi-billion dollar corporate goliaths. These goliaths, including
> HP(OpenView), IBM(Tivoli), and CA(Unicenter), promote
> decade old products to their technology starved customer
> base. Without the help of the user community our nine
> person operation will fail to modernize this industry.
>
> We are trying to get the word out. We are looking for developers,
> testers, technical writers, or anyone that wants to work on a cool
> new open source project. Pease forward this email to anyone
> within your group that might be interested in this project.
>
> PLEASE NOTE: We are always interested in providing a speaker
> for local user groups! If the topic of free and open enterprise
> management software is of interest to your group, please contact
> me. Go to, www.openNMS.org/engage.html
>
> Our web site is www.openNMS.org
>
> Thanks for taking the time to read this email. - Luke
>

> = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
> Luke Rindfuss
> openNMS.org
> Mobile 919-244-6200
> Email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                          Sincerely,
                                          David Mandel
                                          Chief Activist
                                          Portland Linux/Unix Group
                                          1440 NE 59th
                                          Portland, Oregon 97213

  David Mandel - Linux Evangelist                Avalon Technology Group
  VP - Training & Software Development               0607 SW Idaho St.
  (503) 246-3630 Voice                            Portland, Oregon 97201
  (503) 246-3124 Fax                          http://www.avalongroup.net
       Linux&Dual Boot Systems * Linux Networking * Linux Training