--- Original Message ---
Rodney Mishima <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Wrote on
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 10:46:35 -0800
 ------------------
Matthew,

I also applaud your decision to rise to the occasion.

I agree w. Dave that Saturdays are not a desirable time to meet
(other fun
things to do instead, I find the the Eugene Lug weekly Thursday
evening
meetings actually fit my schedule better, although I live here
in
Corvallis).

I have had involvement w. Unix (unfortunately, somewhat intermittent
lately)
since 1984. My involvement w. Linux is something I am seeking
to increasing ....

David Mandel's reply:

As I recall, Saturday was originally choosen for the Corvallis
LUG meetings for my benefit.
I have been traveling so much that I have been missing the Saturday
meeting.  Thus, I would say that this is no longer a consideration.
 Moreover, I'm really working in the Linux field right now, so
if I think a Linux meeting is worth my time; I will make it no
matter when it is.
However, there is another consideration.
Once in a while I can get a speaker to come to Portland.
If the Corvallis LUG meetings were close to the PLUG meetings,
but not at the same time; I might be able to
get outside speakers to cover both cities.
(This is especially feasible since I can offer them transportation
and free lodging in both cities.)
(I have a man coming to Porland from Virginia to speak on Open
Network Management in May.  See www.OpenNMS.org)

                                    Just a consideration,
                                    Dave Mandel
                                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                    (503) 284-9723

P.S.  It is spring break, so I won't be looking at my email
for a few days.  Don't expect an immediate reply to anything
you send me.

-----