On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 03:46:22PM -0800, Tymeless Productions wrote:
> I need to recompile the kernal UGH!!!.
>
> Mandrake did not pick up the second processor and as such is only running at
> 550 bogomips. It should be 1100 Bogomips.
>
> How do I do this??? Also, I still don't have the soundcard and printer issues
> dealt with.

Grab the latest kernel from kernel.org and rebuild it. There's an
execelent (if a little out of date) HOWTO on kernel building. Check your
/usr/doc/HOWTO for it. If it isn't there, then take a look at
http://www.linuxdoc.org/ for the latest version of it.

Also remember, Bogomips don't mean a thing. Check out the latest 2.3.xx
kernel if you want to see what I mean.

greg k-h
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  • Help??? Tymeless Productions