On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Edward Craig wrote:
>       I've got one. Sax doesn't know what it is by name, but probes it
> nicely. SAX's probe tells me the Horozontal sync is 29-64 Khz, Vertical is
> 47-90 hz. SAX is SuSE's X setup tool, which actually works on SuSE 6.3
>       Best check with Stan, I know he prefers Mandrake, and uses
> Komodos.

I wasn't aware that monitor sync's can be "probed" -- as going out of
range can destroy the monitor... I always reference the (usu) last page of
the monitor's manual, which list the specs, operating conditions, FCC
license, etc.  Most decent monitors are capable of far more than SaX's
default, AFAIK... It always bugs me, though, when I see a computer on TV
that is using stupid-low rates, and it looks horrible against the TV's
scans...  The way I see it, if it looks bad on TV, it's gonna hurt my eyes
IRL.  The manufacturer, whomever that really is, should have specs
available.

ben