I was planning to write a review on Win4Lin until I saw this post on the
Portland Linux Users' Group List.  My experience was quite similar to
James'; and similarly, I'd recommend this program to anyone who is tied to
using some Windows program.  It works even better than having two PC's and
using vnc.

One thing I haven't tried yet is the compatibility with SMB file-locking on
files on a samba server which is serving up to Win9X clients.  I don't know
how compatible Linux NFS file-locking is with Samba file-locking... I'll
try and let you know.

One further comment to note is that Win4Lin would probably be a poor choice
if you are trying to use some obscure piece of hardware that only works in
Windows, because Win4Lin has only a limited amount of support for direct
access to hardware ports.  For instance, sound cards are not supported at
all under the Win4Lin environment, and things like USB devices, scanners,
cameras, and such are probably out of the question.