Edward Craig wrote:

>       I'd say SuSe (more toys/applicatiuons) but both distros are good.
> Documentation on SuSE usually starts out in German, For Mandrake I imagine
> in French. Occasionally the German slips into the English for SuSE, Can't
> speak about Mandrake, as I've never seen its documentation. Mandrake does
> have a batter reputation for auto-magical detection of weird hardware
> (graphics/sound).

I can't recall seeing any French per se, but a lot of the English
translation is pretty bad.  It's not like the writer doesn't
understand computers; it's as though he doesn't know English very
well.

Unfortunately, the Mandrake installer, which forms your first
impression, is one of the worst offenders.

--
                                        K<bob>
[EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.jogger-egg.com/