Greetings,

>In case any of you use PGP 5.5 or newer and hadn't
>heard, check out:
>
>http://www.pgp.com/other/advisories/adk.asp

I'm pretty sure that this security breach only affects the commercial
versions that NAI put the "ADK" secret-police backdoor into, the
international freeware versions should be clean (remember, the US patent
on RSA expires next month).  Personally, I have never been able to get the
PGP 5 source code to compile under Linux anyway.  PGP2.6.2 sources compile
just fine and that's what I use.

>I recommend GPG (GNU Privacy Guard):

Has anyone used this?  What are your opinions?

>though, in all honesty, I don't know if it has
>the same vulnerabilities.

Only if your PGP supports Additional Decryption Keys (ADK) are you
affected.  If you are unsure you should check to see as this is a very
serious security breach.

  /\-/\   Dean Ridgway               |  Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
 ( - - )  InterNet [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  I took the one less traveled by,
 =\_v_/=  FidoNet 1:357/1.103        |  And that has made all the difference.
          CIS 73225,512              |     "The Road Not Taken" - Robert Frost.
http://www.peak.org/~ridgwad/
PGP mail encouraged, finger for key: 28C577F3 2A5655AFD792B0FB 9BA31E6AB4683126