On Sat, 2 Sep 2000, Bob Crandell wrote:

> Ok, Debian is installed but Gnome won't work because it can't
> find the mouse and I can't find the driver (3 button Logitech).
> There are mouse modules but not the right ones.
> I tried apt-get update.  It did.  No joy.

can't find the mouse... hmm.... 3 button logitech is standard, shouldn't
need a module for it.

Did you install XF86Setup (apt-get install xf86setup)?
That is still the best X setup tool.

> ps.  Pico is missing too.  I miss pico.  Sigh.

nano is a pico clone.  Pico isn't free (enough) software.
apt-get install nano

You can also install real pico too, it's not hard...
You can either get the official debian source, and build it yerself
apt-get pine4-src and pine4-diffs and build it (follow the instructions)

OR add this to your /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://dr.jones.dk/pub/debian/local potato misc workstation

I think he's got pine binaries there...

there are a few others... can't find them right now...