At 09:32 AM 9/21/00 -0700, you wrote:
>This sounds like fun, but I think we need to set a goal for what we
>are trying to accomplish.  It's one thing to build a cluster, but how
>much better to build a machine or network that will serve some useful
>purpose.  Personally, I like the idea of donating a capable and useful
>network to a deserving non-profit, or something like that.

I hate to say anything when I know so little, but...

At last Thursday's meeting I looked through the O'Reilly book on building
clusters and I came away with the feeling that to use a cluster you have to
program to it.  So if we are going to give it to a non-profit then we need
to find or create the application software that they will use on it.  Of
course I could be wrong...

Kent