Hi again,

OK, um, could someone please give me a hint maybe?

Mandrake (the distro, not the Enlightenment god with the cushy job at
VALinux) says something about possibly needing to do something um manually
(or something like) that with the Kernal module for my NIC (which I will
happily replace at ultra-ultra-ultra high speed if that would help) and
then recompile my kernal. Does this sound right? Do I need possibly to
recompile my kernal?

I'm using a 3COM card. Would one of those generic cards at pc training
center work better? Will nothing work because I don't have any kernal
modules, uh, loaded?

Should I buy and install Windows?

I need internet access by 3 pm today, 5 am tomorrow at the
latest. Everything except the NIC (unbelievably) is set up and ready to
go. I am looking to rent someone for hopefully a very short time to set
this up. 513-3776.

Thanks,
-Chris