Thursday October 5,2000

There were about 25 people.  More new faces.

There were 7 computers being worked on.

Seth was working on a computer for Stan.  There was one system with a 21 inch
monitor which I was drooling over.  Enlightenment looked awesome on it.  When
kde and gnome were tried but they didn't compare to enlightenment.  Mike had the
Debian 2 disk and was giving them to the Debian Users in the group.  Go
Mike.  Seth talked about getting all the cool Debian programs on one disk.  I
think this would be a great Idea.

Seth show us a site for a 3d monitor.  From the pictures it looked like a clear
bowl upside down.  The images are projected to the bowl and then apparently back
to create a 3d image.  This could have potential for many things.  We read some
slashdot and looked at our web site.  We looked at some of our previous poles.
Some of the items in the polls have been out for a while.  I think the most
anticipated is the 2.4 kernel.  But we're willing to wait for a something good.
:-)

I found some people who gave their e-mail addresses last week and got them.
Jamie put them on the mailing list.   For those people who, you can always get
yourself off the list by going to our web site.

http://www.euglug.com

We also have euglug.org and euglug.net.  We are covered on all the bases.  Rob
has been doing a great job.

Rob added these weekly e-mails to the page.
http://www.euglug.com/reviews.phtml

The reason I'm doing these e-mails if you miss a meeting you can still feel
connected.  I'd like to see more new faces coming.  With these e-mail post it
shows how active the linux community is in Eugene.  It would be nice to get
some Linux represenitives from some of the major distributions to come and
visit.  In doing these posts I would encourage them come to Eugene and do a
seminar.   I wouldn't mind seeing anyone come here.

Until Thursday
Tim