On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, nate wrote:

> i was wondering if any of you had ever done a hardrive
> instalation for linux,

Many many many _many_ many many m a n y times....

> i was thinking of trying one of
> these three distros. Red Hat 7.0, The latest debian or
> slackware.

Not 7.0 RH.  It's truly buggy :)  For a new linux user, Mandrake will give
you every RedHat will and more...

Personally, I'm a big Debian fan, but the install is its weakest part.
Once you get past the install, it's great, but.... not for beginners to
set up.

Slackware:  While it has its fans, I'm not one of them.  Like pounding
yourself repeatedly with a board, which also has its fans...

> If i could make it to the Thursday meetings
> i would just bring my box in but all my thursday
> nights are full for three more weeks. Any tips,
> warnings, stupid comments are welcome

Feel free to give it a try and ask for help... this list is a great
resource for it.

Seth