Francis,
        Hi, you know, most network cards work under linux. I would
recommend a generic card over a brand name card. If you can find
a nic that has the realtek 8029 chip (many generics do), you can
use the ne2k-pci driver (insmod ne2k-pci) it should autodetect the
correct irq and IO. Then all you have to do is put the right network
settings in, and use (no reboot required!!!!).

Jamie