This is the third time I've sent this message.  It seems that the
efn mail server is not sending my mail?  The mail I've sent is in my sent
folder, however is no longer in the mail queue of my mail server.

Anyway, I'm having trouble sending mail on my laptop.

On mandrake I had a nicely configured mail server.  I could easily send mail
from my local server.  I could spoof my email to appear that I was emailing
from my work address:
/usr/sbin/sendmail -f [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I was able to configure mutt to do this automatically in my .muttrc:
my_hdr from: Cory Petkovsek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
my_hdr reply-to: Cory Petkovsek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Either way, my trusty sendmail server sent it out the door.

Now that I'm using Debian, sendmail seems to have become Exim.  When I attempt
to send mail, it sits in my mailqueue, frozen.

Looking around, I found the eximconfig script.  Oh!  This was the thing I said
No to during install, and it said, "your mail server will be broken until you
configure it."  Well I've configured it now, but it still won't go.

Maybe I don't have my hostnames configured correctly?

The hostname I used to have was: coryl.  However looking on the internet for
other /etc/hostname files, I saw many people had fully qualified domain names.
So I set mine to coryl.petersen-arne.com, but this didn't work.

In my hosts file I had:
127.0.0.1    coryl     localhost
Should this be:
127.0.0.1    coryl.petersen-arne.com   localhost
or is this better:
127.0.0.1    localhost
10.0.0.20    coryl.petersen-arne.com   coryl

How can I flush my mailq?
What am I missing?  I just want to send out mail with sendmail and mutt,
through my local mta.

Eximconfig asked me what my smarthost was.  It wants to send all mail through
a [remote] smarthost.  I tried entering in coryl.petersen-arne.com.  It said,
"That's silly, you can't send all mail to yourself!"  Ho-ho-ho.  Is exim an
SMTP or sendmail server or isn't it?  If it is, how can I get it to work.
If not, what can I do?

Thanks,
Cory