Mark,
    Is the Home drive nfs mounted? Is your login local or NIS? If you login to the box
as another user, can you su to yourself?

Garl

Mark Williams wrote:

> On a RedHat linux box on a remote login I'm getting a message that my home directory
>doesn't exist and then it kicks me out. The home directory does exist, and I'm the
>owner, and permissions all look good. The sysadm doesn't know why. Any quick thoughts
>on where to troubleshoot?
>
> Thanks

Garl R. Grigsby
Customer Applications Engineering - Analysis Team
Structural Dynamics Research Corporation      Phone: (800)242-7372
TAO Americas Support Center                   FAX: (541)342-8277
1750 Willow Creek Circle                      Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Eugene, OR 97402                              Internet:  http://www.sdrc.com
-FEA makes a good engineer great, and a poor engineer dangerous-
PGP ID: 0xF2D845E7
PGP Fingerprint: 9C40 CB5E 1C51 CF58 E3F9  3F2C 8F1F F3EF F2D8 45E7