Thursday January 18, 2001

There were about 15 people.

There were about 3 computers being worked on.

Seth said he installed Debian on a system before I got there.

Bob had a question which someone out there might know.  He has a Linux
Server and a windows box in another room.  He runs X in a window on
the windows box.  What he wants the sound from his linux box.  He
can go in the other room and the sound is fine on the linux box.  He'd
like the sound to go into the windows box.  Is it possible?  Someone
suggested running some long speakers wire.  Wireless speakers?

We talked about Microsoft's .Net initiative.  Joe thinks the Idea' is
good.  There are some of who don't think so.  He felt that Sun dropped
the ball when they wouldn't allow other compilers to write Java byte
code.  I think he's right on this.

I have to make a retraction Ron didn't compile his kernel 50 times.  It was 50
times in one month.  I guess if we have an questions regarding compiling your
kernel Ron LeVine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> is the man to ask.