Dennis
Try this page. I think it has the information you need.

http://www.engr.utk.edu/ecc/unixguide/node182.html

I haven't run x on a remote machine but I'd like to see it sometime.  I did get
two x windows up at the same time.  So I could switch from KDE to enlightenment
Just by using  ctrl+alt F1 and ctrl+alt F2.  I've forgot how I did this.  If I
rember right I got into a shell ctrl+alt f1 then logged in and used the command
startx display:1.  Now I try it and I gives me an error.  Can someone help
me with this.  I'd like to demonstrate this at the Linux Demo Day.   Dennis if
you get it figured out possiblly you could show this feature off too.  This
would be very cool thing to do.

Hope I helped.
Tim