Ben Barrett wrote:

> I'm used to messing with windows in Enlightenment, where I
> Control-RightClick on any window to bring up E's window-control
> menu... For certain apps that don't use normal window-manager,
> such as xmms and gkrellm, this hotkey feature is indispensible!

ALT-F3 is the default key to do that.  But you can change it.  Open
the KDE Control Center, then go to the Input Devices->Global Keys
control panel.  You'll see your current bindings for a bunch of window
manager operations, and you can override them as desired.

> So I have yet to find out how to get specific windows to be "sticky"
> in KDE, that is, appear in every virtual desktop (gkrellm yes pleez)
> so what's the scoop?

On a decorated window, click the thumbtack icon in the upper left.
There is no default binding to do this on an undecorated window, but
you can add one.

Also note that you can get to some window manager operations by right
clicking the window's icon on the taskbar at the top of the screen.

> can I somehow 'dock' gkrellm into a KDE metawindow?

Not that I know of.

kbobsoft software consulting
http://kbobsoft.com                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]