So,  I had another episode today where the wheel mouse lost its ability to
click/scroll, I then shortly lost keyboard controll in X... I was able to
switch to terminal and back, and found kapm-idled running at over %50 CPU. I
tried killing it (I hate apm...) as the user... no luck. I noticed that there
were no sounds (the theme I have makes sounds just about anytime anything
happens (its been getting annoying acutally...). So, I hupped esd (i use
enlightenment mostly...) and now my mouse is working. go figure.......