Tell me about it. All of my NFS servers are Solaris and have Gigantic raid
arrays on them. If something bad happens, they take forever to fsck. On the
other hand they are MUCH faster than Win2Choke servers......

Bob Miller wrote:

> Jacob Meuser wrote:
>
> > Softupdate is now /recommended/ in OpenBSD.  According to
> > http://www.openbsd.org/29.html, "some tests show a 60x improvement in
> > filesystem speed".
>
> Woo-hoo!  Now if only Solaris would get faster. (-:
>
> --
> kbobsoft software consulting
> http://kbobsoft.com                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Garl R. Grigsby
Senior Customer Applications Engineering - Analysis Team

Structural Dynamics Research Corporation      Phone: (800)242-7372
TAO Americas Support Center                   FAX: (541)342-8277
1750 Willow Creek Circle                      Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Eugene, OR 97402                              Internet:
http://www.sdrc.com

-FEA makes a good engineer great, and a poor engineer dangerous-