I just wanted to see if anybody had an idea on how to fix this. I am
trying to install Gnome 1.4 on a couple of boxes and thought I would try
Ximians installer app. I figured since I had several boxes I was going
to install this on I would first ftp the files and then install locally.
So using ncftp I downloaded the whole RedHat 7.1 tree, the installer and
the install.xml file. I then went and launched their installer.
    For what I am assuming is updating dependencies, the installer still
needs access to Ximians site. If you use the installer to download the
files, then it allows you to specify a proxy server, but if you use the
files from a local directory, it does not. So I checked the startup
options. Yup, you can specify the proxy settings here. But the dang
things don't work. Works fine from the gui, but the CLI options just
don't work. Anybody seen this? Any Ideas?

Garl

Garl R. Grigsby
Senior Customer Applications Engineering - Analysis Team

Structural Dynamics Research Corporation      Phone: (800)242-7372
TAO Americas Support Center                   FAX: (541)342-8277
1750 Willow Creek Circle                      Email:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Eugene, OR 97402                              Internet:
http://www.sdrc.com

-FEA makes a good engineer great, and a poor engineer dangerous-