Disclaimer: these are my own opinions and should
not be looked at any other way.

Followup to [EMAIL PROTECTED] please...

> I would think that the admins would be
> causing themselves a lot of
> grief.  Do they really want to hear "Why is
> the internet
> broken?" about
> a billion times?  From their bosses even?
> Sure, it would
> provide a good
> opportunity to explain the evils of
> restrictive software licenses, but
> is it really worth possibly getting fired
> over?

Yes, I believe it is worth it.
I am talking about a large public stance, not
isolated individuals.  I am talking about having
a clear message to answer the 'why are things
down?" question.

> Unfortunately, my work place is not where > I
> choose to stand on my soapbox.
> The webserver is under my complete control and
> guidance.  This is a heafty
> responsibility that I will not abuse.  If I had
> my own web site, the story
> would be different.

Tim, the webserver is under your control because
you are technical adept and responsible.  That
very same responsiblity is exactly why a public
'geek shrugged' day would be totally appropriate.
 Consider it a message to be sent.  A single day
where EVERYONE took the stand and said "Sorry,
but we are going to show our muscle, our ethics
and most of all, our refusal to let
Corporate/Government decisions that make no sense
stand."

Stepping off my own soapbox...

And I'm seriously considering starting a website
for this idea.. I think it has some real merit
given the history of the last few weeks and more
so, the future outlook of things.

Seth

p.s. I wasn't going to talk about this on the
list, but since Rob mentioned it :)

again, followups ONLY to [EMAIL PROTECTED]