I would recommend either building it your self, or hitting pcpartsxpress in
Springfield. They seem to be at least semi honest. I would also recommend going
with an AMD chip. You will get a faster chip for less money. I have even been known
to put machines together for people for a small fee.......

"Dennis J. Eberl" wrote:

> Below, please.
>
> > From: Dennis Soper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 09:36:33 -0700
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: [EUG-LUG:2087] Re: Is CodeRed affecting Linux or FreeBSD machines?
> >
> > On Saturday 11 August 2001 19:40, you wrote:
> >
> >> Robert at VOS told me The CodeRed is affecting Linux and FreeBSD and some
> >> other Unixes.  I tend not to believe him untill I have some facts.  He said
> <--------------- snip --------------->
> > own).  They've also screwed over a number of other people who I know-- so
> > much so that I recommend that people I know who ask me where to buy clones to
> > steer clear of their business, and to go to Stan's instead.</rant off>
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Dennis
>
> Speaking of which . . .
>
> Dennis, I need to build a box for Windows 2000 for school. (I am currently
> running it on a dual processor (200 MHz Pentium Pro x 2) IBM Intellistation
> Z Pro, but it has a PCI-to-PCI bridge chip that won't "play" under W2K . . .
> so I'm using an ISA bus 4-bit video card!) Can you recommend a local source
> for 500 MHz Pentium III (or above), Motherboard, 256 to 512 MB RAM, 20 to 40
> GB HD, std 3.5" floppy, "nothing fancy" CD-ROM drive, case, and power
> supply? I have a video card, NIC, and sound card.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dennis Eberl, a.k.a., ~:>(X){

Garl R. Grigsby
Senior Customer Applications Engineering - Analysis Team
Structural Dynamics Research Corporation      Phone: (800)242-7372
TAO Americas Support Center                   FAX: (541)342-8277
1750 Willow Creek Circle                      Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Eugene, OR 97402                              Internet:  http://www.sdrc.com
-FEA makes a good engineer great, and a poor engineer dangerous-