I set up this line in my httpd.conf per the manpage in order to rotate my
apache logs:

TransferLog "|rotatelogs /path/to/logs/access_log 86400"

However, my logs never rotated..  Apache has been started and stopped a few
times since then, but was running for over a week with no rotation.  Could
it be that the log was already very old before I added this line?  Could it
be that I had the rotate time set for a week before?  It is a low traffic
site and rotating once a month would probably do fine...  I set it for a day
so that tomorrow I can tell if it is rotating.  I also created a fresh
access_log.

Does anybody know for sure what can keep this from rotating?

TimH