This is a from cygwin box with a standard RedHat export using Samba:

$ echo foo>foo
$ echo FOO>FOO
$ cat foo FOO fOo
FOO
FOO
FOO
$ rm foo FOO
rm: cannot remove `FOO': No such file or directory
$

There are options to make Samba smarter about case sensitivity, but
they come with a compatibility price.