i'm going against my principles by saying this, but isn't every company or
business out to make money?  you offer a service or product so you can make
money and be prosperous.  i build computers because i enjoy it and it gets
me extra money.  if i didn't want the money, i wouldn't build computers for
other people.  how about you, dexter "Graphic"?  i assume you work for
yourself as a multimedia house or some such?  why do you do it?  money.  and
because you enjoy it (i hope...)  i wouldn't be programming if there was
MONEY in the kind of art i do.

i have to cut my warranty down to nothing if i install linux or other
alternative OS's simply because i don't feel confident supporting them (my
warranty includes free tech support over the phone and house calls if the
owner is in town or can ship the system to me.  I offer no parts warranty
because i can't AFFORD it...)  does that make me an evil nazi scum bag who
only cares about money?  Fry's actually sells linux distros and books.  does
that mean that they care about openness and liberty, freedom and all that?
or does that mean that they've found another cash-cow?

as a small business owner, i would expect the owner of PC Parts to avoid
non-money making parts and OS's, especially in our current economic state.
he has employees, rent, overhead, all that other shit to worry about.  as
linux becomes more popular and more people start asking for it, i expect he
will include boxed distros in his inventory.  and if he doesn't, i suppose
it isn't called PC >PARTS< Express for nothing...