anybody have any experie4nce with kernel 2.5?  in order to get it compiled, i
had to disable module support (big deal, i rarely use them nowadays...) and
edit a couple of source files to remove some comments (comments on their own
lines were confusing the compiler...)  either way, i now have a preemptive
kernel and a fixed radeon driver (what prompted the re-compile and new kernel.)

i have a sneaking suspicion that my compiler needs to be updated or patched.
i'm using gcc-2.95.3-2 right now.

in other news, my scratchbuilt system has been running quite good, considering.
 oh, there's and error here and there, but it's still more stable than winders.
 i guess i have something to be proud of!  my friends keep asking me when i'm
going to be done tinkering with the computer.  i tell them never.  there's
always something to monkey with, 'specially when there isn't an annoying gui to
hide it.

and i have far less to gripe about because i know how /my/ system works.  even
if something's wrong with a program (especially compiling), i can usually go on
the web and find an alternative or a fix that works.  far better than waiting
for the next apt or rpm update (or using a package compiled for so many
computers that it has a hard time working on specific systems...)

'nuf said.  later, y'all!

=====
Justin Bengtson  @euglug=(v+ e- eug++ bsd? gnu++ s++)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"i called some kid 'b' the other day.  it's the price
you pay for living hip-hop every day of your life."
Jerry (from the Point Blank Rangers)