James wrote:

> So, I've been waiting for the new version to come out, and it finally did,
> I downloaded it and burned it to CD, and this is where I am.. with that
> error.  Any ideas?  How can I reformat that drive so it will accept the
> new version of Mandrake?

If there's nothing on that disk that you want to keep, then try
installing using the "INSTALL" option instead of "UPGRADE".
That will pretty much obliterate your disk.

But, if you have valuable data on the disk, then you need to go in
with a rescue disk and copy the good bits to another disk or a CD-R
before you reinstall.

I *think* your root problem is either that you have an old, obsolete
lilo.conf file, or else the initrd image didn't get created right.
But if the PC isn't bootable, you can't just go in and fix that.

kbobsoft software consulting
http://kbobsoft.com                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]