joseph toman wrote:

> VTK is a full 3D graphing package with bindings for python, java, C++,
> and tcl. The
> rather large API might be more than you want to get into, but the
> results are very pretty.
> http://www.kitware.com/vtk.html

As Elvira says, "It's Huge!"  I downloaded the source distribution,
and it took nearly two hours just to compile it.

And I don't see a lot of 2D plotting capabilities.  But I'm still
investigating.

FYI, about 10-12 years ago, I worked on a sci viz application called
AVS, so it's interesting to me to see how the state of the
visualization art has improved (or not).  VTK looks pretty cool, but
it definitely has a learning curve.

kbobsoft software consulting
http://kbobsoft.com                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]