On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 07:35:38PM -0800, Tim Howe wrote:
> What are people currently  using the most to install gentoo?  I want to
> update the stuff on my ftp, and I'm not sure what to grap for the Gentoo
> people...  I've gotten rid of a lot of stuff nobody used to make room,
> so if I should have several gentoo files there, that's fine.

You will want a livecd 1.4rc3 and various stage tarballs.  Obviously a
plain i386 stage1 is all that is required for doing it all by hand from
stage1.  More optimised stage2/3 builds will save initial installation
time at the cost of some flexibility.

--
Joseph Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                           Not many fishes

<ameoba> KB: isn't RGB a pretty standard ordering?
<Knghtbrd> not on intel machines.
<Knghtbrd> BGRA is standard.
<Knghtbrd> Or, if you listen to M$, "ARGB"
<ameoba> or, if you listen to their customers "AAARRRRGHGHGHHGHGGHHHHH!!!"