What are the best tools (preferrably Linux) for reading and reformatting
data from strange internal formatted tapes?  I wrote some tools for
this at one time, but they were very specific and limited in their
abilities.  I also used a great (and very complex) tool called Forms in
the 1970s that ran on CDC Cybers; but haven't seen anything like it since.

I need to read a tape or part of a tape that was created on a Prime
computer using Magsav/Magrst.  I think they created the tape in about
1990.  I would hate to use dd and write C programs to convert the data,
but if need be ...

                                          Sincerely,
                                          David Mandel
                                          Chief Activist