On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 11:41:27PM -0800, Mr O wrote:
> What I'm doing is allowing my GF and others to use a GUI SSH
> client for Windows to login to the fileserver strictly to access
> my .ogg collection.

Do they download the oggs or play them on the file server?  I think
that either way, a solution with http(s) would work better.

> I don't want to grant them any other access
> and they more than likely won't know much about moving up to
> other directories so I'm not terribly paranoid about /tmp.
> Locally I use samba and NFS for my own stuff. I'm more
> comfortable having them use a secure login.

Just remember, once they are logged in with ssh, they become a "local
user", and can do more with the system than a "remote client".

> Also, can I restrict
> a users ability to change the password?

# chmod o-x `which passwd`
# chmod o-x `which chpass`