Is it better than 8N1?  I might try it...

BTW, I think the Via C3 is what was meant.  From the slashdot threads I
read after some of the Lindows announcements, I gather that the C3 at
8-900MHz works about like a 4-500MHz Pentium.  I think that,
bang-for-the-buck, AMD is the way to go (IMO, YMMV!).  My AMD's have
been rock-solid CPU's... for years!  I just with I had a radeon graphics
chipset now, rather than nvidia.  Ben Huot, there are some really cheap
motherboards on the market right now that do both standard PC133 and
DDR, this plus an AMD XP <2000 CPU could be had for <$150 or so, not bad
as a core upgrade.  If the machine you're upgrading is older, you'll
prolly want a new power supply, too, and maybe a speedy new hard drive,
and of course ram, but you can upgrade incrementally as you find the
best deals this way.  Or just buy a whole new prebuilt box,
alternatively, but little upgrades are a great way to get to know your
system!  = )  If you are willing to pay significantly more for
assurances of reliability, then I should note that Xeon's are much more
duty-tested than other common CPU's, and are also made with a slightly
larger die and printing sizes, for enhanced reliability at high
temperatures.  Of course, almost all recent x86-based systems require
serious cooling -- one of the design goals of the Via C3 was to not
require it... there are some system designs using it that are fanless
(except for the power supply fan, form what I saw).  Cheers!

  Ben B

I'm sure this thread's subject  will attract some attention, somewhere.
Should we also discuss various other edgy TLA's?  Certainly not now...